Attend: Saturday, October 7th, 2017
The tour is organized like an OPEN HOUSE, so you get to choose which homes and businesses (host sites) to visit, how many, and when, within the 10:00am - 3:00pm time span. Host sites have been chosen within each geographic region for their proximity to others and to facilitate the option of visiting all of them. Each host site tour will take anywhere from 15 - 45 minutes, depending on the size of the site and the number of renewable energy installations.
• Register to attend the Tour - FREE!
• Invite friends, family, neighbors, and colleagues
• Select the sites you want to tour
The Illinois Solar Tour is the best event to attend if you are planning to install a renewable energy system or are looking to learn more about renewable energy.
• Visit multiple renewable energy installations in your neighborhood
• See and learn about:
- solar electric (PV)
- solar thermal (hot water and space heating)
- small wind (horizontal and vertical)
- passive solar design
- electric cars and EV charging stations
• Speak with knowledgeable professionals and homeowners
• Meet like-minded neighbors
• Hear the owners stories about why they chose to install renewable energy,
their experiences with it, and how this decision has enhanced their lives.
• Please ONLY visit sites during Tour hours: Saturday, October 7, 2017, from 10:00am to 3:00pm.
• Please park legally at or near the Tour sites, and treat persons and property legally and respectfully.
• Please do not bring pets or anyone who may not be able to behave in a proper manner.
• Please do not smoke, eat, drink or litter at the Tour sites
• Remove footwear if requested.
• Please do not take pictures or other records without permission of the home or building owner or agent.
• Vendors and their representatives who staff Tour sites should conduct the Tour in a manner appropriate to the educational mission of the Association.